Saturday, August 13, 2016

Welcome to Leela's recovery road BACK! What is "back"? We don't know quite yet, but she's already made it through some amazing hurdles. After her cranial hemorrhage AND stroke, she found her way to breathing on her own...and after a stressful time waiting to find out if she could still make it at all, she made her way out of the PICU.  

Hello, I am Leela's mom, Julie. I was in shock that morning she woke up at a great birthday party sleep over, when the parents called to say Leela could not speak or stand. Then we had the emergency call, the flight to Aurora Children's and the words I will never forget, "Say your good-bye now, the odds of her making this flight are not good." 
I have thought to myself, had she been home, she might have slept in a bit and we may not be here with this at all today. Since the very moment I got the call, I've prayed that she might at least be able to look at me or know I was there by her side.
"It is most likely an AVM." (tangled vessels formed at birth) they thought. But they soon discovered that was not the case with Leela. "There is no explanation." the doctors say now. 

My sweet "Leela Serene", where is she now? Can she remember me, really? Does she feel safe? I just don't know for sure. My little A-student cheerleader is now someone who doesn't remember her life. 
This blog means a lot to me and will mean a lot to Leela. She will read this someday, she will see the support and the love from her family, friends and donors who follow her story.
I will post my updates here. I will post Leela's progress. Soon, I hope to have things from Leela herself to put here.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Please come back often, we will have much to share.
-Julie (mom)
Team Leela

First and foremost, please know we have a GoFundMe page so that we can raise the money to ensure Leela can continue the care that she needs to do what she CAN. You can also G+1, and share this on Twitter and/or Facebook, and anywhere you can. Let's see what happens when "it's not over" and only $$ are in the way.


2 comments: